Friday, July 6, 2012

Monkey Bars

I found this recipe on a blog a few years ago, but I can't remember which one. This is kind of like banana bread but baked in a cake pan. Annabelle calls them brownies, except they're much better for you than brownies! All the kids love them, it makes a big pan so I just store the rest in the fridge. They're good warm or cold.
1 2/3 cups mashed banans (about 5, when my bananas are over ripe I stick them in the freezer and pull them out when I need them)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup oil (I always use applesauce)
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (I made them with oat flour this last time which was much better. You can grind up your oats in a blender for oat flour if you don't have a grinder.)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
2 tablespoons ground flax

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan. Whisk all ingredients except flour and chocolate chips. Gradually add in flour just until blended, and then mix in half the chocolate chips. Pour into the pan and then sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top. Bake 15-20 min or until done.

No comments: