Sunday, April 26, 2009

Famous Monster Cookies (Jinny)


This is another recipe from my sister Jessie. Anytime I make these cookies, everybody raves about them and asks for the recipe. They are very moist.

6 eggs
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, room temp
24 oz peanut butter (3 cups)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
9 cups quick oats (you can also use 1/2 flour, 1/2 oat mixture. Last time I made them I used 6 cups oats, 3 cups flour and they turned out really well.)
1/2 lb. m & m's
1/2 lb. chocolate, or peanut butter chips (I use about 1/4 lb, whichever you like)

Mix first 6 ingredients until creamy. Combine the dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients. Mix well. Bake at 325 for 10-15 minutes, or until the tops just start to crack.
Note: This makes a HUGE batch of cookies. When I make this much, I have to mix all the dry ingredients by hand. I almost always 1/2 this recipe. My sister always takes the leftover cookie dough and rolls them into cookie dough balls and puts them a ziploc bag and freezes them. You can take them out and bake them whenever you want some fresh cookies. Or just pull a ball of dough out and eat it.

No comments: