Monday, September 27, 2010

Chickpea Burgers

I promise these are super tasty, all 3 of my kids eat these up everytime I make them. Boston and Dakota even put the onions and relish on theirs, too.


1-15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1-15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 carrot, peeled and finely grated
1 small onion, finely grated
3-4 T sunflower seeds
2 T tahini (you can buy this at any grocery store in the health food aisle)
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 handful chopped fresh coriander (I just use a few tsp dried)
1 T vegetable boullion cube or powder

Preheat oven to 420. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for 5-10 seconds, until the mixture is fairly course. Push mixture down with a spatula and blend for another 10 seconds. I just have a blender so I have to repeat this process quite a few times before it's all blended. Wet your hands and shape mixture into small balls. Flatten with a fork and bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly colored. Let sit for 5 minutes before you eat them. They are a little crumbly, but really good. We eat ours with homemade zucchini relish, saute'd onions and avacado.

No comments: