Saturday, April 9, 2011

Energy Pancakes


This is hands down my favorite pancake recipe. Um, does anybody ever read this blog?? Am I wasting my time posting recipes?? Does anybody else have any great family recipes they want to share with me?!

1 egg

2 1/2 cups milk

2 T honey

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour

1 T baking powder

2 T oil (I use the old applesauce trick in place of the oil)

1/4 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup rolled oats

3/4 cups raisins

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

1/4 cup sesame seeds (I didn't have any, so I used flax seeds instead)

1/4 cup wheat germ

1/4 cup bran

1 apple, cored and shredded


In large bowl, combine egg, milk and honey. Sift flour with baking powder and add to egg mixture with oil and vanilla. Mix in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate overnight (I made these in the morning, so I just added a bit more wheat flour to make it thicker.) Also, pancake and waffle batter should be lumpy-don't overmix it. I omitted the apple and chopped up the sunflower seeds a bit, my kids have serious 'chunky' issues. I also didn't have any wheat germ so I just used more bran instead. Yum-O.

2 comments:

Stoney said...

Love the blog and your recipes! I'm ALWAYS reading this blog!

Stoney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.